Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Check out Endyn's hp & torque number on various he

  1. #1
    Inactive Member reddelsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2000
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.b16a.com/files/1-5298-hea...no_testing.htm

    I like what Larry calls a "mild" engine.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Rboosted717's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2000
    Posts
    690
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A 20-60whp difference! Wow I'm sold. The DC header is out of my mind. Hello Hi-tech once again. I wonder is having a 2.25-2.50 exhaust with high flow cat will get the same approx. hp gains?

    ------------------
    Mike Marsey
    '98 ITR #0717
    Supercharged!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 11psiGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah..... Mild.

    Would have never guessed there would be that dramatic of a differance.

    ------------------
    95 GSR
    JRSC @ 11lbs, Dry Manifold NOS (Track), DC Header, Nakayama Intake, Brospeed Exhuast, RC 310cc injectors, Holley Pump, STR rail, Hyper R, B&M oil cooler, MSD6BTM, Blaster coil, MSD Cap, ACT 6 puck, Baer 13" Kit, Slotted/Xdrilled rear, Stainless lines, M/T for the track, blah, blah, blah......

    *** Going to TOO for a complete motor and blower rebuild. (8/00)

    229hp
    185 ftlbs w/o juice

  4. #4
    Inactive Member BurntGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2000
    Posts
    393
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I still value Larrys information BUT you must keep in mind that these differences are seen with DOUBLE the boost of what most guys here are running at most. With less boost certain headers might not help as much or at all.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It would have been nice to see how the stock manifold did.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Amen BurntGSR. I immediately thought that. Probably b/c of the meager gains with the DC 4-1, which I have. I was hoping for better results with it, even though just about everyone here says it is a P.O.S. I just want a little qualification so I don't fell so bad for putting it on. I sure would hate to shell out $300 or so for a new header just to make up a few ponies.

    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
    AEM CAI
    DC 4-1 Ceramic Header
    Random Technology Cat
    GReddy PE exhaust
    Magnacore 8.5mm Wires
    MSD 6AL
    Skunkworks Coilovers
    ACT 6 Puck
    Turbo Convert
    Supercharger on the way? It is now!!!!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member reddelsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2000
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fastfour:
    Amen BurntGSR. I immediately thought that. Probably b/c of the meager gains with the DC 4-1, which I have. I was hoping for better results with it, even though just about everyone here says it is a P.O.S.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I suspect if you tried to run a normally asipirated car with that hit-tech header(with all the usual all motor stuff), it would be a P.O.S compared to your 4-1.

    T.O.O. has said before that headers that work well on blown cars don't necessarily work well at all on na cars. (and I'm sure vice versa)


  8. #8
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •